Friday, April 25, 2008

April 25, 2008

So after I posted last week about the Royals, how they were playing well, over .500, and near the top of their division...they promptly have gone out and lost 7 straight games, including both games of a doubleheader yesterday, and are now nuzzling into last place in their division. Seems to be a comfortable spot for them. And people are talking much less about them at work and around town. The excitement is dying down. Now it's going to be more about T-shirt Tuesdays and Buck Nights...still can't wait to get out to a game.

Bouncing around the net...

Wesley Snipes is in trouble for not paying taxes. I need to renew my license plates. I hope I don't get thrown in jail too.

Where did Barry Bonds go? Bill Simmons, one of my favorite columnists on ESPN.com, gives his take.

Saw this t-shirt after searching for more info on my Myers-Briggs test (see recent blog), proving there is a t-shirt for just about everything. I might actually get the baby blue version.

Will someone please come over and bake this for me? In my late night/early morning wakeful periods that I find myself in thanks to my job, I'll catch some interesting shows on the food network. And, naturally, I'll crave some kind of junk food. I've also seen some show where a lady was in a cake baking competition who made a key lime coconut cake !...please find this as well and make it for me.

Finally, before I go to work this morning, the story of a tough and crafty 95 year old woman, from Oklahoma, no less.

Have a great day...

No comments: