Sunday, October 09, 2005

Dr. Caire's TV prescription

I watched one of the first episode's of Grey's Anatomy, chuckled at it, not with it, and have not watched much of it since. Since I don't have cable, I am reliant upon network television for entertainment, and have thus gazed at a few clips of GA again--repeat chuckling and huffing and puffing.

I'm not so cynical to think that TV medical dramas should be strictly adherent to reality. Rather it shouldn't since a great deal of it, from my experience, is mundane and not relative to the general public. But there's a limit to what I can take.

And here's an article from MSN discussing it.

I have started watching ER, and it has some stuff I can really relate to. But the amount of crazy cases you see in the hour is more like the amount you might see in a month.

My life in medicine is some combo of the pain the residents feel on ER, and the dumb butt feelings of the residents on Scrubs (as well as some of the humor).

So those I can sidle up to the remote and watch. The others are stretching it.

11 comments:

Sam said...

Glad to see that you were able to get waya and get to Sam's party.

Kristen OQ said...

Sam,
I just stumbled upon your blog -- not even sure how.

Is this the Sam Caire that grew up in Edmond?

If so, it is a VERY small world.
Kristen (Seidel) O'Quinn

Sam said...

Wow!...It is a small world, Kristen. I've actually been surfing around these blogs, seeing your comments and picture, having absolutely no idea it was you. You know a lot of my best college friends now, apparently. Small world.

Sam said...

Southern...please.

Kristen OQ said...

That is fun that it was you...do you still keep up with any of our Edmond friends? My family keeps up with the Graus, although it has been a long time since I have seen Randy in person.

I will have to bookmark this and come back. Who are our mutual friends from your college days???

Kristen OQ said...

And you are a doctor now??? What kind?

I just told my parents that I found your blog and they couldn't believe it either.

James M. said...

Kristen,

I believe we have met before.

Sorry Sam about telling others about your blog. I thought it was cute and I missed you.

Kristen OQ said...

Wow...
So, James ou were friends with Sam, huh? I always thought that he was a better judge of character? (j/k of course) Is it all an ACU connection?

It is definitely small world that seems to be shrinking fast!

Blair said...

Wow!

Are you the same Sam, Kristen, and James I used to spend my summers with at Eagle River??

Wait...that makes us...quadruplets!

Alyssa said...

Hi Sam!!!! I miss you!!! Kristen told me about your blog- i hope things are going well, Dr. Caire :)
Alyssa (Core) O'Rear

mcjacobsjournal said...

Sam,
What is up with this?? You are just the TALK of the blog world now (well, at least the blog bubble of ours here in Dallas!) It looks like you know everyone...which doesn't surprise me, really.

It's fun to hear all the different connections between us all. What a small world!

Chels