Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sixteen Days From Now...

...is my 30th birthday.

In celebration, I am going to be in Texas for a week starting the weekend of the 25-27th.

That weekend, namely Saturday, Aug 26th, I am hosting any friends who might be in the area (by area I mean Texas) at a lake house at Cedar Creek Lake south of Dallas, for food, lake fun, hanging out.

Since i don't have many of your updated email lists, consider this as your friendly personal invitation. And I know it may be late notice for all you planners out there. But if you can make it out, I think it would be fun to have a reunion of sorts as best we can.

I am inviting any friends, especially those in Texas or Oklahoma who I haven't seen in quite some time. So all you ACU folks, bring your spouses and kids if you please.

But please let me know if you're interested in making the trek. It is about one hour south of Dallas near Trinidad, TX. I'll provide food and drink....

...but please email me or comment here if you are interested. I would love to see my old friends, and by old, i mean those of us who are 30 or near thirty.

I'll send you details when you respond.....

If none of you want to do this....that's fine....i'll be there anyway enjoying myself...but it would be cool to have you there too. If the 26th is not good, I'll be there all weekend anyway if you are looking for a getaway and wanna hang out.

Let me know. I'd love to see you.

Sincerely,
Sam

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday in a few days.

It is too far of a hike from Lubbock, but I will love you from a far!

Jenni said...

Sam -- welcome (almost) to the 30 club! I don't think I'll be able to make it down, but wish you the very happiest of days.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Do you know that just YESTERDAY I thought, "Hey! Sam's about to be 30!" (I had just had a conversation with Sara about her 30th coming up the week after yours...) Anyway, I thought to myself, "I guess I will just leave a comment on the Bad Video blog entry that has been up for a year on his blog to tell him Happy Birthday."

So, I get on here tonight, and what do you know! A new blog from Sam Caire!! I could hardly believe it! :)

That sounds like a very fun birthday weekend. We will be in Abilene celebrating with Mark's grandmother (who has the same bday as you). But, maybe we can plan a night with Matt and Sara and any of the old gang during the week you're here....let us know if you can!

angie c said...

Hey, I wish we could wait until Labor Day weekend and Kevin and I will possibly be in town for his grandma's memorial. I'd love to see you Sammy! Happy birthday! Welcome to the 30 club. Chelsea will meet us there in a couple of years. :) youngin...

Have a fun celebration..
angie

mcjacobsjournal said...

Ang, watch out girl. Don't be spreading the rumor that I'm less than 30....you know what I can do to you!!

Jenni said...

Sam -- it was great to see you today and catch up! Hope you are enjoying your vacation....and be sure to come back to Texas when you are done with your residency in KC.... :-)

Laura Scott said...

Hey Sam! We had a great time Saturday. I hope you enjoyed your little vacation, even though you had to tend to Bradley's foot. Which, you did a great job by the way! Thank you for hosting everyone at the lake. Be sure to invite us to the next party out there. Let's see when will that be? The year 2021? :)

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! I am just now reading this... so obviously, I did not bring my crazy girls to see you... but I wish you the VERY best! 30 is the new 18. :)

Jenise said...

Well...as you can see I obviously am not a religious blog checker so I'm just now seeing this as well. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! Why is it that after all this time I'm just now realizing (or remembering) that somehow I'm a year older than all of you! I hit the not-so-lovely 3-1 today. Yippe. : ( I knew Chels was the young pup of the bunch, but time obviously hasn't been kind to my mental capacity. I hope you're doing great & I wish you the very best! Welcome to the 30+ club!!!

(On a side note, I don't blog so I thought I'd save anyone the effort of looking. Maybe one of these days...)